Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Not Teaching Related... But So Tasty!

Well, this is the 2nd day of my school being closed due to illness.  But it's back to school tomorrow for our Christmas party and trying to squeeze in all of the crafts and projects we missed over the last two days!

I've gotten all of my wrapping done, cleaned *some* of my house, and had a generally successful little mini-vaca.

My favorite thing though...

Oh my GOSH.

Saltine toffee.

My good friend, T, has a recipe that is SO delicous!  Last year her son gave me a bag that they made and, I shouldn't tell you this, but I ate the whole thing.  In about 10 minutes.

But, when I went to the store to get the ingredients for T's amazing recipe, I forgot the condensed milk!

So I had to find a different recipe.

I found this one at the Six Sisters' Stuff blog.  I'll let you check out their blog to get the recipe, but it's SO easy and SO tasty!  You just need butter, brown sugar, saltines, and chocolate chips.

Here's what it looks like in the oven...

Waiting for the chocolate chips to melt...

The recipe I used suggests putting nuts on top, but I put on crushed Heath bar, because that's in T's recipe and SO delicious!


All I have left to do is put it in the fridge for a few so it can set and then EAT IT!  I'm going to take it to my Christmas party tomorrow for my kiddos!

**Update!**
Here's the picture of it all ready to go!  Now if I could just stay out of it, everything would be perfect!


6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... I just finished making a similar batch! Mine uses graham crackers, butter, granulated sugar, and chocolate chips. Super yummy (and easy!!)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish but -- your school was closed down due to sickness? What was that all about?!? CRazy! I hope everyone is okay. Hope tomorrow is great!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy! What was the illness? The only time they considered closing schools in CA when when we hd H1N1 two years ago.


    What i have learned

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious!!! I am definitely pinning this for future use! :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...